Compact, capable smart cameras with an intuitive, versatile and extendable integrated development environment for machine vision applications
Compact, capable smart cameras
Our vision machine is a line of compact, capable smart cameras with an intuitive, versatile and extendable integrated development environment (IDE). Manufacturing engineers and technicians can easily and quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications on a highly integrated platform without the need for conventional programming. Video capture, analysis, location, measurement, reading, verification, communication and I/O operations, as well as a web-based operator interface are all set up within the single IDE.
Smart cameras Benefits
- Installs comfortably in confined and dirty industrial environments by way of a compact IP67-rated design
- Runs typical vision jobs efficiently using an Intel® dual-core embedded processor
- Captures images at high speed through a choice of CMOS sensors
- Simplifies vision setup and upkeep via integrated lens focusing and illumination intensity control
- Interacts with vision and automation devices by way of real-time digital I/Os
- Synchronizes to the manufacturing line through the support for incremental rotary encoders
- Communicates with automation controllers and enterprise networks via a Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Takes on HMI function by way of VGA and USB connectivity
- Configured with ease for vision inspection and guidance using Matrox Design Assistant flowchart-based vision software
Smart Camera Iris GTR specification
- Up to 5M Pixel resolution CMOS sensor
- Format Mono or Color, Global shutter
- 4,8µm x 4,8µm pixels size
- High readout rate and partial scan
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 1 triger, 3 inputs, 3 outputs
- LED lighting intensity control
- VGA and USB 2.0
- Intel® Celeron® N2807
. Dual core 1.58 GHz
. Intel® HD graphic
- Memory 2GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage 32GB eMMC
- Support C-mount
- Integrate support for liquid lens
- Re-install Window 10 or Linux
- 0 to 50 oC operating temperature
Our vision machine is used to put together solutions for the agricultural, aerospace, automotive, beverage, consumer, construction material, cosmetic, electronic, energy, food, flat panel display, freight, machining, medical device, paper, packaging, pharmaceutical, printing, resource, robotics, security, semiconductor, shipping, textile, and transportation industries.
Smart camera development platform
- Matrox Design Assistant is an integrated development environment (IDE) where vision applications are created by constructing an intuitive flowchart instead of writing traditional program code. In addition to building a flowchart, the IDE enables users to directly design a graphical operator interface for the application. Design Assistant gives you the freedom to choose the ideal platform for your next vision project.
Integrated development environment (IDE)
Customizable developer interface
- The Matrox Design Assistant user interface can be tailored by each developer. The workspace can be rearranged, even across multiple monitors, to suit individual preferences and further enhance productivity.
Why a flowchart?
- The flowchart is a universally accessible, recognized and understood method of describing the sequence of operations in a process. Manufacturing engineers and technicians in particular have all been exposed to the intuitive, logical and visual nature of the flowchart.
Image analysis and processing
Central to Matrox Design Assistant are flowchart steps for calibrating, enhancing and transforming images, locating objects, extracting and measuring features, reading character strings, and decoding and verifying identification marks. These steps are designed to provide optimum performance and reliability.
Matrox Design Assistant includes a set of tools to identify parts, products and items using color, assess quality from color, and isolate features using color.
1D and 2D measurements
Matrox Design Assistant includes three steps for measuring: Measurement, Bead Inspection and Metrology. These tools are predominantly used to assess manufacturing quality.
Matrox Design Assistant includes Matrox Profiler, a separate utility to post-analyze the execution of a vision project for performance bottlenecks and timing issues. It presents the flowchart steps executed over time on a navigable timeline. Matrox Profiler permits searching for and selecting specific steps and their execution times for analysis. It computes statistics on execution times and presents these on a per step basis.
Matrox Design Assistant includes two steps for performing pattern recognition: Pattern Matching and Model Finder. These steps are primarily used to locate complex objects for guiding a gantry, stage or robot, or for directing subsequent measurement steps.
Matrox Design Assistant provides two steps for character recognition: SureDotOCR™ and String Reader. These steps combine to read text or dot-matrix text that is engraved, etched, marked, printed, punched or stamped on surfaces.
Feature extraction and analysis
The Blob Analysis step is used to identify, count, locate and measure basic features and objects (i.e., blobs) to determine presence and position, and enable further inspection. Over 50 characteristics can be measured and these measurements can be used to eliminate or keep certain blobs.